Spring cleaning your attic
Spring cleaning of the attic will never be listed as one of the most entertaining ways to spend a weekend, but it is definitely an activity that will help improve your family’s health. The attic and the crawl space are probably the areas of your home with the highest concentrations of dust, dander, mildew, molds, and vermin that could be affecting your family’s breathing and allergies.Spring cleaning the attic requires a combination of common sense and protective equipment. Consider the following suggestions for proper attic cleaning:
- Mold is growth of microorganisms from small roof leaks and moisture that seeps in behind old caulking
- Twice a year, or after every big storm, inspect your attic and roof
- Check windows for missing caulking or cracked panes
- If you suspect mold infestation, or can see a mold-infestation that is larger than 10 square feet, call an indoor air quality professional to assess the situation.
- Dust is not as innocuous as many people believe it to be
- Those tiny dust particles that you see are comprised of dust mite particles, roach parts, and vermin dander
- Concentrations of dust contain proteins that can trigger allergic reactions
- It is important to seal up tiny cracks and openings in your roof, walls, and windows where vermin and insects can enter
- Use mold resistant caulk and polyurethane foam to seal attic air leaks and to repair missing or broken ventilation screens under the eaves.
Professional spring cleaning services in Charlotte
Perhaps you require help with spring cleaning and organizing. Gloria M’s cleaning professionals are happy to help you take on any house cleaning project. They are so flexible when it comes to scheduling according to your needs. Call them today to set up a time and schedule to handle your spring cleaning project(s).