Dust is bad for your health
Beyond seeing a doctor, housecleaning services is one of the most effective ways to get relief from household allergens. Dust is always present in the home, and it can be the trigger for numerous health problems in your household. Dust may appear innocuous, but it actually contains substances that trigger wheezing, coughing, or symptoms associated with asthma. Dust can also be responsible for allergic reactions, such as rashes, atopic dermatitis, stuffy nose, and allergic rhinitis.
Regulate the air
- It is not good to use window or attic fans because they draw in unfiltered air that contains pollen, mold spores, and a host of allergens into your home.
- For cooling, it is recommended that you use air conditioning without any open windows.
- This will help reduce the amount of dust and allergens that enter your home.
- Many homeowners use an air cleaner with a HEPA air filter.
Furniture, carpets, drapes, and bedding
It is important to realize that carpet, upholstered furniture, and fabric drapes all collect dust; it’s just not so easily seen. A vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter is necessary for use on furniture that is covered with fabrics. Try to find pillows and mattress covers that are made using a tight-weave fabric that keeps out dust and dust mites. The following are additional measures for the elimination of dust in your home:
- Consider the use of furniture that is made of wood, plastic, leather, or vinyl because these surfaces are much easier to clean and wipe until they are dust free.
- Throw rugs and wall-to-wall carpeting will need to be vacuumed every day.
- Talk with your family about dust that is found in rugs, and about how they will affect everyone who is sensitive to allergens.
- You may want to consider removing carpet in the bedrooms.
- Replace drapes with composite or metal blinds that are washable.
- In the most serious allergic cases, remove “dust collectors” from bedrooms, such as stuffed toys, knickknacks, and artificial flowers. It is also advisable to avoid the use of wool blankets and down quilts.
One of the top housecleaning services in Charlotte, NC
Every home is unique, and that is why Gloria M’s Cleaning Services are customized to meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for “green” cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable housecleaning services around your needs.